Subject: Re: ATHUSK/CZPLSK/ATCZSK border maps
Date: Mar 26, 2004 @ 14:42
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

ok thanx
& wonderful to see the progressive ideas & tries of a fellow
seeker too

& i do assume these new improved data are indeed at least
more nearly correct
which i think we practically must assume
at least for the time being
& even if only for the sake of seeing where they may lead
since he seems no less careful & punctilious than ourselves

& it is especially good to be relieved of the earlier illusion that all
3 obelisks define the circle of which the tripoint is the center
for these new data mean the circle is actually defined by only the
cz & pl obelisks & central tripoint

the sk obelisk isnt part of nor anywhere near the definitive circle
which thus actually boils down to just a definitive triangle

so again assuming these new improved data are indeed correct
hahaha
we can forget the circle per se & focus on the triangle

it is good also to be reminded that our fellow seeker & writer of
these progressive compilations was of the opinion that the
tripoint may well have been in the brook
but that since the installation of the obelisks in 1995 the tripoint
has become geometrically determinate rather than necessarily
defined in any way by the brook itself any more

indeed his belief that a linden was planted at the tripoint in 1990
& my surmise that it could even today still mark the exact spot
could tend to rule out the creek bottom per se

& could tend to advance the crazy but still possible idea that the
obelisks are all pointing toward & facing just this linden tree

& for starters
our next visitors could simply pace off the 27 or 28 giant steps
down from the cz & pl obelisks just to see if there isnt a 14 year
old linden tree waiting for us in that general vicinity
if not at that precisely triangulated point

or just to see
if not this tree
then what actually is there at that exactly measured point

but regardless of the tree or its placement or fate or relevance
we do now seem to have a clear & simple way to advance the try

dont you agree

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> True, but I found out that the Czech website was altered after
Pepijn
> made this translation, so he can't be blamed (check the old text
on
> http://tinyurl.com/2g2es ). Now my Czech is not very good, but I
> understand that
>
> 1. The CZ and PL markers are 15.05 m. apart (this may be
15.5 m., see
> below)
> 2. Both CZ and PL markers are at a distance of 73.8 m from
the SK
> marker
> 3. The distances to the real tripoint are:
> CZ marker - CZPLSK: 27.9 m.
> PL marker - CZPLSK: 27.9 m.
> SK marker - CZPLSK: 46.6 m.
> 4. The CZPL border runs in between the CZ and PL markers,
at a
> distance of 4.26 m. from the PL marker, and a distance of
11.24 m.
> from the CZ marker (totals 15.5 m., and that is why I think 15.05
m.
> is an error).
>
> Maybe you (or Pepijn, if he has the time) can verify, correct
and/or
> add to this.
>
> Peter S.
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Petter Brabec
> <pete2784west@y...> wrote:
> > Nice translation job and it spares me a job : ). But even you
can
> see, that some pretty important sentences about distances
and
> geometrical facts are left out in the translation. Just check it out
> and you'll see what I mean. I believe, that these parametres
and
> distances around the CZPLSK tripoint will make the map from
the
> Slovakian geodetic atlas, that Jesper posted, much clearer.
> >
> > Petter
> >
> > Peter Smaardijk <smaardijk@y...> wrote:

> > Peter S. (acting as Pepijn H. ;-))
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Petter Brabec
> > <pete2784west@y...> wrote:
> > > Hallo, at this link, in Czech, the locals explain how the
process
> > of setting up the monoliths around the tripoint went, all the
> > necessary measures and other trivia.
> > >
> > > http://www.volny.cz/obec.hrcava/trojmezi.html
> > >
> > > At the present moment, I'm unable to translate it, so
anybody
> who's
> > interested can give it a shot. Otherwise, give me a day or two,
and
> > I'll translate the core theme that, as I understand it from the
> > confusion up to now, is of interest to you.
> > >
> > > Petter
> > >
> > > Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> > > I think the 1st three pics are CZ instead of SK.
> > > Because the Sk monument was across the larger of the 2
> > > streams and all by itself.
> > > Picture 2 - the small marker was actually on the CZ-PL
> > > border - direct marker here.
> > > Picture 5 - my initial guess was that it looked along
> > > CZ-PL and that it was the PL marker. So now we have
> > > three different possibilites here! Really this is a
> > > confusing pic for me. Perhaps it looks at the SK
> > > marker from the tp? But this would not be along a
> > > border, just SK territory.

> > > http://pikomat.mff.cuni.cz/fotky/tabor/1996/f01/24hrcava.html

> > > http://www.vasa.abo.fi/users/rpalmber/BordersCRPS.htm

og dobbelt