Subject: Re: will cnnp renewal on thursday advance our cninnpe & cninnpw tries
Date: Mar 23, 2004 @ 02:55
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Donner"
<barbaria_longa@h...> wrote:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-03/22/content_1378682
.htm

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS050.pdf
> says there used to be 96 markers on this line
>
> however no matter if or which one is lost
> since
> according to this excellent source on both cnnp & innp

http://www.nepaldemocracy.org/documents/treaties_agreement
s/nep_india_open_border.htm
> there never was a marker at the cninnpw tripoint
> which is situated at a remote watershed trijunction
> nor is there one at the cninnpe tripoint
> on the even more remote jonsang peak
>
> to which
> http://www.bergdias.de/neka16.jpg
> is incidentally our most beautiful & truest class d visit to date

whooops
& apologies to the goddess of truth & beauty
& deep thanxxx to theia come to mention it too
but the dreamscape i meant is the first one among the many
beauties that come up if you ask for jongsang rather than
jonsang at
http://images.google.com/
& then you even get to zoom in on it a couple of times

end apologies etc

> but all 95 of these markers will be found at low passes &
stream crossings
> etc
>
> so while both cninnp tripoints have been clearly defined by the
verbal
> delineation in the 1961 cnnp agreement
> they have not been affected at all by the subsequent
delimitation &
> demarcation
> & may never have been nor perhaps ever will be a real concern
to anyone but
> us
> if indeed even to us
>

> moreover
> both tripoints remain subject to tripartite confirmation
>
> they will probably come under closer scrutiny at the
concurrently

> Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms – all in one place at
MSN Money!