Subject: Re: Asia-Europe
Date: Mar 20, 2004 @ 16:25
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

"The geographical marker "Europe - Asia was erected in 1837 on the
slope of Berezovaja hill (413 m.), the highest point on the Siberian
trail, crossing the Ural mountains from west to east. The Ural ridge
is the main watershed, the natural boundary between two parts of the
world which was scientifically established in the beginning of the
18th century by the Russian historian and geographer V.N. Tatišèev."
Cf. http://geo.1september.ru/2002/42/05.htm
Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
wrote:
> Can anybody translate the plaque?
>
> http://kmbosch.bei.t-online.de/granica_Azija-Evropa.jpg

covering all of Europe, Middle East and Causasus.

> They have drawn the border line between Europe and Asia there.
There are some divided towns.