Subject: Re: a funny thing keeps happening on the way to menhus
Date: Mar 16, 2004 @ 00:51
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

ah so
already plumbed your well to a happy ending too i trust

& to review & summarize what else of relevance we have been
seeing here on menh in recent years

1
this man is just the van & tip of a rising iceberg of tax revolt by
portsmouth shipyard workers resident in maine
which has been bringing this ill defined border to a political head
over many months now

2
believe it or not
the unresolved legal issues are pretty much as stated in the
article
as i understand them

so this boor fellow may really know whereof he boasts

in fact i would bet this mess is more than ripe enough to rise
straight to the supreme court again
unless they nip it in the bud with an instant border commission

& that is something they appear to have been assiduously
avoiding
unlike our wild & crazy ctri messers

3
pro tempore
there is a de facto police condominium of the busiest areas of
the piscataqua harbor area

& 4
as you probably also know
& as has already come up in this case
even an official map does not necessarily define a border
nor dispose of a dispute

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> I hope that this does lead to a clarification of MENHUS, but I
don't think the
> fellow has much of a chance with his tax case. I have a "1977
Official Highway
> Map of New Hampshire" issued by the New Hampshire
Division of Economic
> Development that clearly shows (in its Portsmouth inset) that
the Portsmouth
> Naval Shipyard is in Maine.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA