Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: How far is it?
Date: Mar 13, 2004 @ 06:37
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

email reply test: does this work?

ok i am back again already from both ecuador & sumatra

with several chunks of good news
on the
how far is it
front

first & unexpectedly
we appear to have reached some sort of an objective
ceiling
with the most recent instalment of this prolonged try
aka message 13550
to which this message is actually an addition
but which now seems to resist further additions to its
text via the
normal reply function

so our long years of trying & testing how high we can
stack a
yahoo thread appear to have finally reached a certain
objective
culmination & cosmic accolade

second
the actual progress report on the diametric trials

the still uncorrobated but probably adequate peakware
coords
in integral degmin or approximate mile squares
for all 4 of the candidate peaks of ecuador were first
antipodized
to sumatra & then matched with the actual topography
there

& all 4 of these diametric trials arrived rather
uniformly in various
parts of the coastal lowlands of riau province
where any boost obtained would certainly be measurable
in no
more than single digits of meters

so this discovery already flatly rules out candidate
number 4
antisana

& third
as to the only remaining question that needs to be
answered
before selecting the true winner from among cayambe &
its 2
taller rivals is the question of the bulge gradient

regardless of all those spheroidal & ellipsoidal &
geoidal maths
which i confess i dont fully understand
my intuition keeps telling me that the latitudes of
polar flattening
will be the more nearly spherical ones & the latitudes
of
equatorial bulging the less spherical ones
& that the gradient of differentiation must be most
gradual near
the poles & steepest & indeed quite steep nearest the
equator

so those 477 meters per degree average of yours lowell
might
actually drop to 0 at the 90th degree but might
approach 4777 or
even 47777 meters or who knows what maximum in the
degree
or minute or second nearest the equator

& having zigzagged all that thru my mind several times
now in
both directions
i am imagining that your nod & blessing over it all
yesterday
implicitly included your agreement on this very
question about
the gradient
& that it just wasnt worth talking about then
so you didnt waste any breath on it
& it continues to not be worth talking about now

except
i would like some explicit corroboration from at least
someone
who feels comfortable with the maths in the links to
message
13550
before continuing to acclaim cayambe the winner
& proceeding to zero in on its coords & its elevation
to obtain the final answer to & object of our quest

thanx

http://www.mentorsoftwareinc.com/CC/gistips/TIPS0998.HTM

http://www.mentorsoftwareinc.com/CC/gistips/TIPS1098.HTM

http://www.nickwinter.com/journeys/south_america/ecuador.htm