Subject: Re: daman diu
Date: Mar 11, 2004 @ 22:30
Author: raedwulf16 ("raedwulf16" <raedwulf16@...>)

Hi Thanks for the swift response..What I am looking for would be
more current than historical..I know that "Goa- Daman and Diu" were
all one political entity when taken by India from Portugal ...I am
equally certain that Goa has been separated from Daman and Diu since
that time.I once saw...somewhere... a map that showed "Daman and
Diu" as consisting of three discrete parts.. and i think the part
in question was an island .. to the south.. called
possibly "Anjidiv" or "Angediva" ???....in one source it said
that "Daman and Diu" is politically "unitary"...but that need not
preclude separate geographical "units" ..I think those geographical
units are Daman,Diu, and this "unknown as yet to me" island??..
Thanks again..I will find it... Possibly in Miriam-Webster's
geographical dictionary...if I can get my paws on a copy. hasta la
vista ...Nos
vemos...Saturday.....raedwulf

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/D/Daman.asp