Subject: Re: Jungholz - additional info on markers!
Date: Mar 09, 2004 @ 23:02
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> Two insertions below from me, Michael, and I won't be clipping
things
> away because I understood that you don't like that.

yikes & thanx but thats not my point

it has nothing to do with what i like

it is just that
particularly in view of our specific interests
& our ongoing & cumulative pursuit of truth
i find nothing is gained & much is lost & frequently confused too
by clipping needlessly

more below

<jesniel@i...>
> wrote:
> > short

gosh
i wouldnt have guessed bp truth to be personal so much as
objective

nor any other truth for that matter

i never thought it might just be anything anyone wants it to be

& you may well be right about that now that i think of it

but are you afraid to check your hypothesis or your certainty
or whatever it is

> For me, the cross is the quadripoint.

that makes you & jesper & lowell so far
& me tentatively too
as we all have said
but the only difference is i am not finished yet

> There's no point for us
> to duplicate the work of professional surveyors; they already
did the
> work for us, and it has been documented very accurately.

thank goodness
& again i ask
are you afraid to check your hypothesis
now that a simple means for doing so has been shown

i am not finding any fault with you or with it

i am just wanting to check it

> > & so please do help me also
> > by asking as specifically as possible whenever you can
> > positively identify any areas of uncertainty or puzzlement etc
in
> > what i am saying
> >

> I would be surprised if you didn't get the point that some
people
> don't even get to the "what" you are saying, only because of the
> way "how" you say it. English is not my native language, and it
is
> not the native language of many of us here. But even I can
judge that
> the way you are using that language is far from conventional.

yes you are right

i hope it is ok that i am being slightly strange here tho

it usually seems ok
until somebody gets their nose out of joint
& then all hell can break loose
as we have seen at certain interesting moments

> That
> can have its purpose, it can be fun, it can be lots of things, but
> the most important thing of language, in my opinion, is that it is
> understood by others. Please be a bit more considerate
towards us.

yes
thank you
& i will

& i have been trying
believe me

indeed i have developed this way of communicating because i
have found it was necessary to actually communicate

so please also try to understand & be considerate of this too
please

end of insertions

> > but in a nutshell
> > if you will bring a reliable tape measure to jungholz
> > then you can measure off the 261 centimeter distance that is
> > shown on the diagram you posted
> > running from the kt kataster stone to marker 110
> > & perhaps running specifically to the cross point depicted on
> > marker 110
> > for we dont really know that yet
> >
> > & thus you can perform a first crude check on whether the
> > crossing point of this symbolic cross is indeed as accurate a
> > locator of the actual border cross point as several of us
seem to
> > believe it is
> >
> > & if your measurement reaches this cross point exactly
> > then you will most probably have confirmed our belief
> > or will have greatly buttressed it
> > until further measurements can be made from the other
markers

> > but such measurements would require better equipment
> > so lets not even think about that yet
> >
> > for once you have found in this simple way that you have
most
> > probably arrived at the correct square centimeter
> > further checks might prove academic anyway
> >
> > & then too you can look or probe further still
> > into the recessed area
> > for the most central &or deepest pinpoint within it
> >
> > & this would advance your accuracy from the merely
centimetric
> > to the millimetric level
> >
> > & that will probably be the best anyone will ever do there
> >

> > but if your measurement does not exactly coincide with this
> > cross point
> > then we have more to do here
> > involving several more & longer measurements
> > as also shown on your diagram
> > before we can find & verify the true border crossing point
> >
> > & that is the true value to us of all these indirect supporting
> > markers
> >

> > now i hope that at least helps
> > & just to keep it short
> > i wont say more unless there is still something you dont get
> >

> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
> > <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > > A short resume please....
> > >
> > > Jesper
> > > all in boss
> > >
> > > & happily we still do have somewhere to go & grow here
> > >
> > > for you have called the game on our most excellent
adventure
> > > which is
> > > to corroborate the square centimeter of absolute truth
> > > & possibly even to find the square millimeter of absolute
truth
> > > now that you have shown how we can definitely make such
> > tries
> > >

> > > for thus far
> > > our journey to the truth has led us to merely assume &
imagine
> > > that the exact boundary crossing point is as indicated by
the
> > > cross symbol on marker 110
> > >
> > > & this despite its multiple eccentricities
> > >

> > > but now the pursuit can be positively advanced
> > > by vermessungsstein or versicherungsstein or kataster
> > > for it is all the same to us in light of the trigonometric
> > exactitudes
> > > we now have for them all
> > > thanx to you
> > > at the bottom of
> > > http://tinyurl.com/ypolb
> > >

> > > most poignantly & specifically
> > > for starters
> > > the fact that the reference point on the kt rock is exactly 261
> > > centimeters from the absolute truth of the quadripoint
> > > yikes
> > >

> > > so just bring a rigid tape measure & see for yourself &
> > ourselves
> > > whether a 261 centimeter arc centered on the kt center
actually
> > > does or actually does not sweep the exact center of the
cross
> > > symbol on marker 110
> > >
> > > & if it does
> > > then our assumption is at least greatly corroborated
> > >
> > > & all that would remain for the present expedition to do is to
> > pay
> > > the most acupunctural visit it can to that symbolic
crosshairs

> > > which may mean feeling your way to it with a pointier object
> > than
> > > your finger or eyeball
> > > in such a dark & shadowy groove or valley
> > >
> > > for we dont know exactly whats in there
> > > where these symbolic thalwegs meet
> > > unless maybe mats can answer this flat out from memory
> > >

> > > but anyway
> > > precisely therein would lie the additional quantum leap
> > between
> > > what is now only a hopefully square centimeter of truth &
what
> > > could prove to be an utterly real square millimeter of truth
> > >
> > > & both these advances over our present knowlege may
actually