Subject: Re: BYUARU
Date: Mar 04, 2004 @ 02:03
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

also message 9854
for excellent pix
plus a link to background info on ruua in general
which effectively confirms what this map shows

for it indicates that the former soviet administrative borders have
neither been changed nor upgraded

& thus this monument
unlike some other soviet ceremonial tripoint monuments
must be considered the actual tripoint marker
unless & until there are further developments &or clarification

the only question is
assuming the border delineations are as shown on the map
which i do
then where on the monument does the tripoint fall

most probably on the pavement centered among the 3 uprights

but we dont even have a picture of that area yet
hahahaha
so i would still call all these pix & visits class e

so near & yet so far

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"

<jesniel@i...>
> wrote: