Subject: Re: MDUA no. 1
Date: Mar 03, 2004 @ 13:36
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Artur Kroc <kroc@i...> wrote:
> See also msg # 11315
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/11315

Nice to be reminded of my own words - which I had completely
forgotten about...

> Peter Smaardijk knows Russian, I suppose, so maybe he can translate
article below:
> http://www.paco.net.ua/odessa/media/word/247/sl4-5.htm
> This is text about MDUARO tripoint (southern one)

Not really about the tripoint, but rather about the tripoint area and
the plans of the Ukrainian port of Reni to form an international free
economic zone, together with Galati (RO) and Giurgiulesti (MD). No
borders or border changes are mentioned.

The MDUA border changes and property issues are summed up in
http://www.nm.md/daily/article/2001/07/24/0104.html :

- 150 ha near Basarabeasca (railway installations): UA -> MD
- 24 ha near Giurgiulesti (oil terminal now being built): UA -> MD
(^= 430 m length of Danube bank)
- recognition of MD property of 124 objects (quarries, wineries,
sanatoria, etc.) on UA territory
- setting up of joint MD-UA border control posts along all of MDUA
(so incl. the border between UA and the breakaway PMR = Transnistria -
this is solved by locating most of these posts on UA territory)
- 7.7 km of road near Palanca (MD) becomes the property of UA (^= 18
ha)

Peter S.