Subject: Re: Festive inauguration of old TP Baden, Wuertemberg, Hohenzollern
Date: Mar 02, 2004 @ 04:55
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
<barbaria_longa@h...> wrote:
> what a treat
> thanx
> & it also got me going to see your map indicate this ghost
> de2bahowu tristate conjunction produced not only the single
> tripoint featured at g4 but actually 3 bahowu tripoints in all
> owing to hohenzollerns nonenclavic wangen exclave apparent
> which also appears to have caused the extra pair of tripoints
> indicated at g5 & g7
>
> in other words
> a topological carbon copy of the unique kentucky bend exclave &
> its attendant kymotn tripoint triplication
>
> so of course i couldnt help but try to pin this phenomenal find
> down as to its time frame & hierarchy
> but soon found i needed german lessons in both language &
> political geography
>
> so can you or anyone help with the following analysis in any way
>
> first
> the dates on the rocks in the pix seem to indicate a time span for
> these bahowu tristate points from 1889 at latest to at least 1907
>
> so for starters can anyone confirm &or properly fill in this ghost
> window
>
> 1889de2bahowu1907

well
after careful study
these are now stretching out into something more like
1850de2bahowu1945

or maybe bahowu should be called baprwu
since hohenzollern was actually a part of prussia

& the historical atlases i have checked show only 2 rather than 3
such tripoints
oops
a discrepancy i cant yet account for

& their contemporary location is actually in de2bw2tu3si
since the regierungsbesirk or district turns out to be tubingen
rather than stuttgard
& the kreis or county is sigmaringen

but the gemeinde or municipalities if any are still unconfirmed &
unknown
& thus may or may not still warrant the additional qualifier 4xxyyzz
if indeed these tristate ghosts survive today as municipal tripoints
which is the most difficult detail to verify

end insertion

> & second
> regarding taxonomy & location
> it was easy enough for me to place all these ghost points in
> modern de2bw aka badem wuerttemburg state
> but then i hit the berserk regierungsbezirke tertiary half layer
> which causes germany to split its tertiary & quaternary levels
> depending on which state you happen to be in
>
> & similarly its quaternary & quintenary levels etc
>
> so time out for a crisis in taxonomy & codification
> which boils down to this question
>
> are the regierungsbezirke or districts that occur between the
> state & county levels in half the german states but not the other
> half to be considered a separate level or just a functional
> reiteration of the previous level
>
> or in schematics
> is a state district
> like say the stuttgard district of badem wuerttemburg
> better expressed as
> de2bw3st or as de2bw2st
>
> i think the latter
> despite its apparent absurdity
> since this repetition of level would permit all german kreise or
> counties to be tertiary together
> & all german gemeinden or municipalities to be quaternary
> together
> etc
>
> but the repetition of the code element 2 is a little surprising &
> would be a neologism
>

> but anyway & thirdly
> & regardless of how that is resolved
> it still leaves me far short of identifying the modern locations of
> the 3 bahowu tripoints
> since i dont yet even know which district or districts to look for
> them in
> even if they have survived as tricounty or trimunicipal points
>
> your site & map give hope that these ghosts could occupy a
> modern laubbach ostrach wangen tripoint & a companion
> jettkofen ostrach wangen tripoint
>
> but are these then de2bw2st3laoswa & de2bw2st3jeoswa
>
> no i dont think so
> probably not kreise tripoints
>
> then are they de2bw2st3xx4laoswa & de2bw2st3xx4jeoswa
> gemeinde tripoints
> of kreise xx as yet unknown
>
> again this is just to ante up a few very wild first guesses
> for i still have no idea yet even what district i need to be in
> let alone what kreise or gemeinden
>

> & it is great fun flying so blind of course
> but who can say what if anything we really do have here
>

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, udomet@g... wrote:
> > Still an festive inauguration of the boundarystone museum at
> the old German
> > tripoin the states Wuertemberg, Baden,
> Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen was 2002 in
> > the little german village Ostrach (with many old TP).
> >
> > http://www.ostrach.de
> >
> > Click button Kultur/Bildung
> > (cultur/education),
> > then Museen/Galerien