Subject: Re: Festive inauguration of old TP Baden, Wuertemberg, Hohenzollern
Date: Feb 29, 2004 @ 14:23
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

what a treat
thanx
& it also got me going to see your map indicate this ghost
de2bahowu tristate conjunction produced not only the single
tripoint featured at g4 but actually 3 bahowu tripoints in all
owing to hohenzollerns nonenclavic wangen exclave apparent
which also appears to have caused the extra pair of tripoints
indicated at g5 & g7

in other words
a topological carbon copy of the unique kentucky bend exclave &
its attendant kymotn tripoint triplication

so of course i couldnt help but try to pin this phenomenal find
down as to its time frame & hierarchy
but soon found i needed german lessons in both language &
political geography

so can you or anyone help with the following analysis in any way

first
the dates on the rocks in the pix seem to indicate a time span for
these bahowu tristate points from 1889 at latest to at least 1907

so for starters can anyone confirm &or properly fill in this ghost
window

1889de2bahowu1907

& second
regarding taxonomy & location
it was easy enough for me to place all these ghost points in
modern de2bw aka badem wuerttemburg state
but then i hit the berserk regierungsbezirke tertiary half layer
which causes germany to split its tertiary & quaternary levels
depending on which state you happen to be in

& similarly its quaternary & quintenary levels etc

so time out for a crisis in taxonomy & codification
which boils down to this question

are the regierungsbezirke or districts that occur between the
state & county levels in half the german states but not the other
half to be considered a separate level or just a functional
reiteration of the previous level

or in schematics
is a state district
like say the stuttgard district of badem wuerttemburg
better expressed as
de2bw3st or as de2bw2st

i think the latter
despite its apparent absurdity
since this repetition of level would permit all german kreise or
counties to be tertiary together
& all german gemeinden or municipalities to be quaternary
together
etc

but the repetition of the code element 2 is a little surprising &
would be a neologism

but anyway & thirdly
& regardless of how that is resolved
it still leaves me far short of identifying the modern locations of
the 3 bahowu tripoints
since i dont yet even know which district or districts to look for
them in
even if they have survived as tricounty or trimunicipal points

your site & map give hope that these ghosts could occupy a
modern laubbach ostrach wangen tripoint & a companion
jettkofen ostrach wangen tripoint

but are these then de2bw2st3laoswa & de2bw2st3jeoswa

no i dont think so
probably not kreise tripoints

then are they de2bw2st3xx4laoswa & de2bw2st3xx4jeoswa
gemeinde tripoints
of kreise xx as yet unknown

again this is just to ante up a few very wild first guesses
for i still have no idea yet even what district i need to be in
let alone what kreise or gemeinden

& it is great fun flying so blind of course
but who can say what if anything we really do have here

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, udomet@g... wrote:
> Still an festive inauguration of the boundarystone museum at
the old German
> tripoin the states Wuertemberg, Baden,
Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen was 2002 in
> the little german village Ostrach (with many old TP).
>
> http://www.ostrach.de
>
> Click button Kultur/Bildung
> (cultur/education),
> then Museen/Galerien
> (museum/gallery),
> then Grenzsteinmuseum (boundarystone
> museum),
> then Bilder und Texte zum Grenzsteinmuseum (pics and
texts of the

> boundarystone museum).
>

> --
> GMX ProMail (250 MB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS, Virenschutz, 2,99
EUR/Monat...)
http://www.gmx.net/derspiegel +++