Subject: Re: karabakh enclaves
Date: Feb 27, 2004 @ 18:28
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Hi, Chris (and others secondarily),
Members who can't receive BPt messages by email, and who read them
from the webpages, can't benefit from the attachments, because Yahoo
deletes them. Can you store them in the future in the photos and then
make reference to them? Also, the one of the map of Nagorno enclaves
near Fuzuli was saved with a period in the middle of the name (not as
part of the extension). These often (as in this case for me) can't be
opened. One gets file name configuration error. I had to save it
manipulate it so I could rename it when re-saving it. I know you
didn't name it, but only wanted everyone to keep in their minds that
some of these things give some people trouble.

Re: the substance of your message - these aren't international level
ex- and enclaves around Karabach, but ethnically disputed territory.
I have a map of the place from ITMB Publishing of Canada, which is a
neutral, third party publication, unlike the map to wwhich you
referred, and the exclaves/enclaves are shown with a neutral yellow
line around them, and no -.-.-.-.-.- or -..-..-..-..- type of border
indicator. No complaint here about the reference to a "biased" map,
because it was really interesting to see the represented standpoint,
but we shouldn't forget it is a piece of propaganda.

Regards

LN

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "chris schulz" <23568@g...> wrote:
> ups,
> i have to correct myself,
> the tiny one is outside karabakh in azeri territory,
> so we have in total 3 karabakhian enclaves and 5 azeri enclaves in
karabakh.
> regards, chris

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/2187 peter posted
a list of enclaves in and around nagorno-karabakh.
> he told us about 6 enclaves there.
> i found a map, what i've posted here once before (dont remember
the message number), where one can see some of the enclaves.

http://www.home.pages.at/maxifant/Frames/R.Karabakh-SE-fizuli.jpg