Subject: Re: atchit wasnt chfrit -> Lost cairn?
Date: Feb 26, 2004 @ 21:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

good catch & i am glad you asked
as it is evidently lost in more ways than i thought
hahaha
but cdcfsd is what i shouldve said
as in kinshasa caf sudan

i remember scanning it up from an old boundary tome
perhaps a boggs or prescott etc but i dont recall who or which
& i posted it more than once as a message attachment
or expired link
or whatever
but it was finally obliterated
from our archive at least
in the latest yahoo tsunami
along with perhaps several others i am still trying to recall

but anyway
as you will probably recall
this monumental marker is just a huge cairn of boulders
& i believe there was a comical perhaps belgian colonial soldier
standing in front of it too for a sense of proportion

certainly the grandest tripoint monument i have ever seen

but not lately

so if you or anyone could retrieve this the worlds putatively
greatest tricountry point
from their library or from anywhere
or any other lost tripoints for that matter
it might be quite a treat at this point
especially as we are deliberately rounding everything up for
jespers definitive collection

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"