Subject: Re: Is this a ARCL border marker?
Date: Feb 25, 2004 @ 23:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<barbaria_longa@h...>
> wrote:
> > & maybe we can even figure out why this otherwise perfectly
> > meridional arcl boundary appears to lurch so at marker xxv
>
> I don't know, but XXVI seems to be in dispute, or was in
dispute,
> acc. to http://www.unrc.edu.ar/hielos/hist_n.htm ("Los 24
puntos sin
> demarcaciĆ³n son: (...) Hito en la orilla norte del Canal de
Beagle
> (Pcia. de Tierra del Fuego)") (how a marker can be not marked
puzzles
> me a bit though...).

again both right & nice
& yes
of the 24 unmarked points this hito 26 is the only one that is
expressly identified by its marker number

so this sounds very much as tho the marker has been removed

perhaps vandalized by chileans objecting to its excessive
westerliness

but in any case what this report very probably means is that
at least temporarily
& pending clarification or replacement of hito xxvi
the very vertex of that crazy westward lurch at hito xxv has
acceded to the distinction of southernmost marked international
boundary point in the world

& thus
assuming we are still standing here at jespers & your hito xxiv
facing south across lago roca
we are situated not 2 but only 1 marker away from the truth of
monumented extreme bps

but first we have to figure out how to get across the freakin lake &
proceed another 3 miles across unknown terrain

> BTW, the mixed boundary commission is known as COMIX...
:-))

hahahahahaha
etc etc

another extreme truth