Subject: Re: Tripoint tracking tool
Date: Feb 23, 2004 @ 00:55
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

other additions i am not sure how to submit

bwnazmzw
pic in message 7414
for bwnazm &or bwzmzw
according to your system

& cdrwug
pic in message 822 is a likely improvement
but i dont know if you are as fond of it as i am

& more to come
but reviewing all the messages is slow going

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
<barbaria_longa@h...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
> <barbaria_longa@h...> wrote:
> > beautiful jesper
> > this is exactly what we have been needing for our tripoint
> > collection ever since day 1 really
> > but especially ever since my last feeble tally in message
5073

> > & you do appear to have all the tripoints listed
> > tho your collection of 31 with pix could probably be
> supplemented by
> > some 7 others as of the above message
> > if their links havent expired
> > etc etc
> > plus an even greater number of subsequent finds
> >
> > for my sense is
> > we have seen at least something photographic on about 60
> tripoints
> > by now
> > thus leaving perhaps only about 100 complete virgins
> >
> > & i am sure i will enjoy trying to relocate & add these to your
> > collection
>
> & so in what format would you like these forgotten pix of
forgotten
> tripoints to be resubmitted to your attention & collection
>
> for example
> you could immediately add brfrsr
> which was originally misidentified in message 6088 as brgysr
>
> the best single pic is
> http://www.voillemont-deiber.qc.ca/images/bornetrijonction.jpg
> but it was taken from a larger webpage
> which was also the source of the confusion
> etc
> etc
>
> for i expect each such example might have some such
anomaly
> to complicate our task
>

> so
> like
> can we somehow post our additions directly to your site
> or
> would you prefer just to be informed of the original bp
message
> number
> or
> just the url of the tripoint pic itself
> or
> exactly what would be best way to collaborate on this
>

> also
> on a separate topic
> now that your wonderful organization & filing system have
made
> it so easy for everyone to distinguish the multipoints from the
> borders & the countries that constitute them
> & now that our mutual topic is likewise becoming unavoidably
> clear even to those who had previously disregarded or refused
> believe it
> how about finally creating a separate channel for
> nonmultipointing topics & offerings
>
> these submissions are becoming increasingly out of place &
> inept at bp
> & all the more so when they are repetitious
>
> in any filing system
> the separation of incompatible elements is desirable &
> inevitable
>
> that way too
> those who really do like borders or countries or any other
partial
> or tangential aspects of our common interest
> as distinct from the multipointing itself
> would not be so hard put to explain to the rest of us what it is
they
> imagine they are doing
>
> & they could at last have a principled position themselves
> rather than being so constantly out of place & off the beam
>
> now i hasten to add that this improvement & expansion neednt
at
> all fragment & separate our membership
>
> for all members could join & contribute to both groups equally
&
> immediately
>
> but the purposes of the groups would actually
> or at least much more nearly
> reflect & align with the actual purposes of their memberships
>
> so it would be a win win win win win as i see it
>

> any thoughts
>

> > which however must already be the worlds leading collection
> >
> > & it will also be a pleasure to refer all future finds to your care
> >
> > so thanx very much indeed for finally coming in with this
master
> file
> >

> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
> > <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > > Borderbase is obviously my border portal.
> > >
> > > But Borderbase was also meant as a supplement to
> BoundaryPoint and
> > a way to organize the links and information we find on
borders
> and
> > tripoints.
> > >
> > > I have developed a tracking site where we can see the
status