Subject: Re: Tripoint tracking tool
Date: Feb 22, 2004 @ 22:57
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
<barbaria_longa@h...> wrote:
> beautiful jesper
> this is exactly what we have been needing for our tripoint
> collection ever since day 1 really
> but especially ever since my last feeble tally in message 5073
>
> & you do appear to have all the tripoints listed
> tho your collection of 31 with pix could probably be
supplemented by
> some 7 others as of the above message
> if their links havent expired
> etc etc
> plus an even greater number of subsequent finds
>
> for my sense is
> we have seen at least something photographic on about 60
tripoints
> by now
> thus leaving perhaps only about 100 complete virgins
>
> & i am sure i will enjoy trying to relocate & add these to your
> collection

& so in what format would you like these forgotten pix of forgotten
tripoints to be resubmitted to your attention & collection

for example
you could immediately add brfrsr
which was originally misidentified in message 6088 as brgysr

the best single pic is
http://www.voillemont-deiber.qc.ca/images/bornetrijonction.jpg
but it was taken from a larger webpage
which was also the source of the confusion
etc
etc

for i expect each such example might have some such anomaly
to complicate our task

so
like
can we somehow post our additions directly to your site
or
would you prefer just to be informed of the original bp message
number
or
just the url of the tripoint pic itself
or
exactly what would be best way to collaborate on this

also
on a separate topic
now that your wonderful organization & filing system have made
it so easy for everyone to distinguish the multipoints from the
borders & the countries that constitute them
& now that our mutual topic is likewise becoming unavoidably
clear even to those who had previously disregarded or refused to
believe it
how about finally creating a separate channel for
nonmultipointing topics & offerings

these submissions are becoming increasingly out of place &
inept at bp
& all the more so when they are repetitious

in any filing system
the separation of incompatible elements is desirable &
inevitable

that way too
those who really do like borders or countries or any other partial
or tangential aspects of our common interest
as distinct from the multipointing itself
would not be so hard put to explain to the rest of us what it is they
imagine they are doing

& they could at last have a principled position themselves
rather than being so constantly out of place & off the beam

now i hasten to add that this improvement & expansion neednt at
all fragment & separate our membership

for all members could join & contribute to both groups equally &
immediately

but the purposes of the groups would actually
or at least much more nearly
reflect & align with the actual purposes of their memberships

so it would be a win win win win win as i see it

any thoughts

> which however must already be the worlds leading collection
>
> & it will also be a pleasure to refer all future finds to your care
>
> so thanx very much indeed for finally coming in with this master
file

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
> <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > Borderbase is obviously my border portal.
> >
> > But Borderbase was also meant as a supplement to
BoundaryPoint and