Subject: Re: New territory
Date: Feb 21, 2004 @ 17:02
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell <knm@m...> wrote:

> >however aland apparently isnt ax at all in that case
>
> AL is an ISO 3166-2'ism, and should really be used in conjunction
with its
> associated country code (i.e. FI-AL).

right
so it is hard to see how this ax could ever be deftly wielded at bp

the best hope for it
namely trimunicipal points within aaland
would still need to be fi2al3xxyyzz
rather than fi2ax3xxyyzz

of course the latter might still be understandable
as when someone bloops chnp rather than cnnp

but unless there is a further change in the code
only if aland really became an independent country would we ever get
this ax into the right stuff
like say
ax2xxyyzz
in the case of those same trimunicipal points

all of which conveniently underscores the point that
tho we appropriate many of the iso digraphs here at bp as a
convenience in identifying tripoints
neither the tripoints themselves nor their relationships or
hierarchies etc are in any way predicated upon the iso system per se

AX was originally reserved for the