Subject: Re: Jungholz again, again...
Date: Feb 18, 2004 @ 20:32
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Peter Hering
<hering@m...> wrote:
> Dear BP members -
>
> long time no hear..:-)
>
> Just talked to Mr. Tauscher in Jungholz - you know,
> t h e expert in this little Austrian enclave, sorry
> NO enclave..call it whatever you like...
>
> He promised to make a new research on the position of
> bm # 110 - is it placed correctly?? - he seems to admit that
> the "artists" painting the cross might have chosen the easiest
way of marking "our" 4-point by painting it on a large piece of
> flat rock...but question:
>
> what else should they have done...? The clearly visible bolt,
> however, was used for the usual mountain cross.
>
> I'll be back !
> AND, folks...: Jungholz will be one of the targets for the
> oncoming "CEBT" (Central Europ. Border Trip) - and , as the
name
> suggests, it will a trip, NOT an expedition. August 2004.
>
> Other targets beside J.:
>
> - 2 Austrian tripoints: AT-CH-IT + AT-CH-LI south

bravos pete
& this will complete the tricountry points of austria too
wont it

fantastic

& with a multiple border cross flourish yet

for tho we have seen a conventional monument purportedly
marking the atchit tripoint
that rock isnt visible in this 360degree view of the summit of piz
lad
http://users.south-tyrolean.net/seilschaft/pizlatpanorama.htm

so for a class a visit
you may have the cross to climb there as well as the mountain

& not only there at atchit but perhaps here at atchlis too
http://www.ticino-montagne.com/images/Naafkopf_01.JPG
putting your finger on the absolute truth may prove to be quite
challenging

best wishes

& who all will be going

will this mean another 3way tie for gold
at 27 world class points tried