Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: BoundaryPoint - More tightening
Date: Feb 11, 2004 @ 01:53
Author: Brendan ("Brendan" <pit.hokie@...>)

Message
Mike,

I think the point Kevin is trying to make is that you strayed off-topic telling your tire story.  You sent entire messages with no multipointing content at all.
Yet a few weeks ago when a quote was posted to the list (I think by Lowell?), you questioned its relevance because it had no multipointing content at all.  There was no difference, and some on the list see it as being quite hypocritical.
Now you contradict yourself in this message saying that everything is allowed, but being on point and "being true to the purpose of the group" is also important.
Well, which is it?  It can't be both.  Most lists like ours stray off-topic from time to time and I don't see this one as any different.  There's no reason people should not feel free to post a link or text about a tangental piece not directly related to borders and/or multipointing.
No personal offense meant to you, but I understand why the argument is made.

Brendan
Monroeville, PA USA