Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] AMAZGE
Date: Feb 03, 2004 @ 18:44
Author: Petter Brabec ("Petter Brabec" <petter.brabec@...>)

I don't know. Judging from the map 1: 100 000, the tripoint is on a southern slope of mountain called Babakjar approximately 600 m above the sea. The terrain does look quite eroded and steep. The picture of the monument though is located by som main road most likely in a valley. As I see it, the monument does not seem to be placed on the actual tripoint, but rather on a visible place by the road as a political manifestation. I mean the commentary by the picture of the tripoint monument says "the unbreakable friendship between people of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaidjan", a typical communist slogan from that time period. I afraid, the tripoint remains still unrevealed.

Petter