Subject: Re: Boundaries of Cyprus
Date: Jan 20, 2004 @ 18:45
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

the more i think about this cyprus situation
the more it seems that the green line
whatever its full length may originally have been or may now be
is historical only & is not an actual part of the present de facto
reality by which our 4 de facto tripoints have been determined

these have referred & i think should continue to refer only to the
meeting points of the edges of the buffer zone with the sba

& it seems whatever observations may have been made regarding the
tripoints formed by the green line & by misplaced ethnic quarters
etc etc
as well as regarding the indistinctness & looseness of such points
will not at all necessarily be applicable to our 4 actual de facto
military tripoints

& based on the best maps we have seen
i think we can still expect all 4 of these tripoints will be found to
be quite crisp & distinct & unambiguous
if anyone can ever reach them before the landscape of cyprus is
transformed
from partly de facto back into entirely de jure

which could be soon
so hurry folks
unless you think looking for these rare & precious jewels as ghost de
facto tripoints will be any easier

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
wrote:
> This document describes a proposed CYKK boundary line:
>
> http://www.cyprus-un-plan.org/AnnexVI.pdf
>
> The Famagusta map can be seen on
ftp://194.154.157.107/MapofFamagusta.pdf. I
> don't know what the purple line represents, perhaps a municipality
line, for
> it's not the bufferzone.
>
> Jesper

plan.org/map.html??