Subject: Re: Boundaries of Cyprus
Date: Jan 15, 2004 @ 20:12
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell <knm@m...> wrote:

> >the implications for tripointing are still unclear
>
> I have yet to find a map that plots the lines of control in an
accurate
> enough way to determine points of any kind. I walked both sides of
the
> buffer zone in Nicosia, and followed the line (on the Greek/British
side)
> in a few areas elsewhere in Cyprus, and think you could only draw a
> definitive border by noting the placement of barricades on the
ground.

> In some places such as the Roccas bastion/Paphos Gate area of
Nicosia, you
> could probably pinpoint a CYKKUN tripoint with reasonable accuracy,
but in
> other areas these can probably only exist in the imagination.

yes i can certainly appreciate that there might be triareas rather
than exact tripoints
tho it might be even more fun in those cases
to try to get a precise fix on the triangle of uncertainty

i have also been thinking that because kokkina has no green line but
only a buffer zone
the green line may be less definitive of reality somehow than the
neutral zone

but be that as it may
it seems to me the 4 primary tripoints we have previously identified
do continue to hold up
even if they should melt down a little into triareas
& even if they should also get splayed a bit farther apart
in the event that the green line fell outside the buffer zone at the
sba conjunctions

for we dont know those 2 critical details yet do we

but i think the same 4 old tripoints or triareas where the buffers
meet the sba are probably still the primary ones in reality
approximately anyway

any other views