Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] New Wall -- discussion point
Date: Jan 13, 2004 @ 21:26
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

The pictures I've seen are stunning. I can't believe how big it is.
One website compared it to the Berlin Wall -- and how small it made
that wall look.

Unfortunately most of the information out there is slanted politically,
one way or the other. And I don't want to get into the politics of it,
but the fact that something like this is being created leaves me
speechless. Especially since it doesn't conform to any borders. There
has been a lot of talk of it going into "Palestinian territory" and
cutting off those lands. Is there a situation where it goes the other
way, cutting off parts of "Israeli territory"?

I'd love to see more images.

Cheers,

Doug

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 12:15 PM, Asher Samuels wrote:

> I'll see if I can snap some pictures when I get the chance.
>
> Keep in mind that the fence/wall doesn't correspond to either current
> or
> pre-1967 borders, and it's likely that any future border will be in a
> different
> location.
>
> Asher
> --- Doug Murray <doug@...> wrote:
> >
> > There hasn't been much said about the "security fence" that Israel
> is
> > building.  Some of the pictures of the massive wall are stunning.
> Some
> > look like Berlin in 1961.
> >
> > Here's an article from today:
> > http://www.sptimes.com/2004/01/13/Worldandnation/