Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] 1-10 Detroit News border story
Date: Jan 10, 2004 @ 20:39
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

It's an interesting political comparison: walls falling in Europe,
walls going up in North America.
And, sadly, the story that some of the 9-11 hijackers came via Canada
continues to make the rounds.
As we know, this was not the case -- and many of the hijackers came
into the US legally on visas.

I don't want to start a big discussion on American politics... at the
end of the day, the US can do what they
want on their border. And the only people with the power to change it
are well informed American voters.

On Saturday, January 10, 2004, at 12:31 PM, hilversum96 wrote:

> http://www.detnews.com/2004/metro/0401/10/metro-31829.htm
>
> If the like doesn't work, it's on the front page of the Saturday,
> January 10 edition.
>
> These are the same people who believe that anyone who doesn't look,
> think, or act like THEM should automatically be subject to extra
> scrutiny, both at and away from the border. (I knew it. I remember
> telling someone right on 9-11-01 that the whole thing will give the
> green light to that special breed of people who thrive on making life
> miserable for everyone else to go ahead and be even bigger you-know-
> whats.)
>
> "Huge risk." WHAT "huge risk?" Having a bag fall off one of those
> Michigan-bound garbage trucks from Toronto?

<image.tiff>