Subject: Re: Boris Gleb
Date: Jan 01, 2004 @ 20:07
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

It looks like the Russian Pasvikelva left bank at Borisoglebskaja
isn't reachable from the rest of Russia but by crossing the
Pasvikelva. But there is a bridge there as well. When I saw the map
http://www.velotourism.ru/gps_map/kolsky/R-36-XIX-XX-3.jpg , I
thought that the bridge might just be inside Russia. But your map,
Jesper, suggests otherwise. Norgesglasset
(http://ngis2.statkart.no/gammel/default.html ) confirms that the
bridge crosses into Norway, and that the road then crosses back into
Russia. Moreover, it shows a NORU boundary marker (no. 196) in the
middle of the river, just north of the bridge, whereas all other
markers here are on the river banks! Does anyone know whether there
is a marker in the very middle of the river? Or is it on the bridge?

A good 2004 to all of you!

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
wrote: