Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Finding MENHUS
Date: Dec 15, 2003 @ 23:39
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Mike,

There is often more of both work and play than the time available for each.
Therefore, time of both sorts must needs be used as productively as possible.

I had anticipated that the pending matters at LATXUS probably involved more than
the jetties and might include the question of wrap-around.

Just off the top of my head, I would lean rather strongly against any
wrap-around on the historic theory that sovereign territorial seas were
generated by the range of cannon fire from land. If one sovereignty had
longer-range cannon than its neighbor, that would still not give it the right to
fire across the neighbor's sovereign waters to reach any waters beyond. Thus,
no wrap-arounds! I could be wrong.

I will look forward to researching the issue as it relates to LATXUS.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA