Subject: Re: cnkpru 1:200.000
Date: Dec 05, 2003 @ 17:11
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

well since i promised to answer even myself
& there are also still these outstanding questions from both my alter
eguy & my doppleganger
& i love these long threads besides
i would say first to mike here that everything is actually everyones
land in reality because the world is equally free for all

but as for de jure everyones land
apart from the widely recognized high seas human heritage area
& the somewhat less widely recognized antarctic human heritage area
we really cant presume this same de jure quality of everyones land to
exist just anywhere there happens to be an overlapping or multiple
claim

however i have encountered at least 2 underlapping claim areas that
do have this distinction of being true terra nullius
or no mans land
or at the very least they are terra neutri or the land of neither

& of course we have modernized & politically corrected & respun &
perhaps clarified all these traditional terms into everyones land
including everyones water & everyones ice
or at least they are terra neutri or the land of neither

1 of these 2 cases occurs in offshore waters on caus
& i suppose in a way it is just an irruption of the high seas default
regime in low seas
& so it doesnt get oohed & ahhed over too much as being anything very
remarkable

& btw there may be a couple of other such irruptions off the west
coast of south america
i am not sure

but i think at least one most remarkable outbreak of a putative
everyones land has actually occurred this side of antarctica
in fact along the disputed inpk line
where some dry land albeit possibly glaciated still has no owner
except for all of us who correctly perceive it as everyonese
sovereign territory

but i mention these 2 or 4 cases
or however many there are
precisely to raise the question of how many such underlapping claim
areas there might actually be on the planet
whether offshore or particularly onshore
since all these certainly do appear to represent the eruptions of
everyones land
which i think you are anticipating here in your question mike

& to mike i would answer
tho i know you asked jack
who must be off partying now or i am sure he would have answered
already
that we have found & confirmed so many inaccuracies in the usgs topos
& presume so many others must exist yet unfound
that we know we cant rely exclusively on their depictions

but they have proved tolerably accurate on details like this far more
often than not
so you have a very putative 50 footer there
plus or minus maybe 10 feet
in the absence of any better evidence

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> yes beautiful thanx again
> understood
> & i can read most romance with a dictionary & instinct
>
> both of which together tell me about alveo that it is basically
just
> the spanish word for thalweg
>
> nothing fancy or mysterious here i think
>
> so yes i could not have been counting this condo in my census
>
> therefore unless the lost condo of my mind ever is found to exist
> our world appears to have no more than 7 condominial territories
> of which 1 is tridominial
> all as originally lassooed far below in this thread
> except of course that eshoni is fips
> doh
> when i should have said hnnisv in proper iso
>
> & thanx for bearing with me on this
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Kaufman"
> <mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> > Rereading my post, the translation might lead to a little
confusion
> > here. To clear it up: I think the author suggests two things:
1.