Subject: Re: Good Cyprus maps
Date: Dec 01, 2003 @ 04:30
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

The maps under the broken links are in the UN Secy Gen'l's 12 MB 200
page Adobe Acrobat document. For those who would to see the British
Sovereign Base areas "after" this agreement takes effect, if it ever
does, I posted these two maps from the UN document at:

http://www.exclave.info/current/Cyprus/SBAs-after-maps.pdf

They're "zoomable", but weren't high resolution originals. Of
interest is what appears to be the potential creation of a Larnaca Bay
land-water exclave (Cyprus would have detached seacost on the bay
bounded by British coast on both sides). If one extends the British
base's proposed new maritime boundary off to the bottom of the map, it
seems the two portions of water off the British seacoast must meet out
in the bay at some point, encircling the Cyprus coastal waters.
Whether the meeting point is still in Cyprus territorial waters,
cutting this section of the Med off from international access will
take a different map and some extrapolation.

If anyone wants any portions of the document relating to Kokkina, or
other dispositions of land, I'd be glad to extract pages and email them.

Regards

Len Nadybal
Washington DC

<http://www.cyprus-un-plan.org/>http://www.cyprus-un-plan.org/