Subject: Re: Bound Rock, NH
Date: Nov 14, 2003 @ 15:51
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

special to pal mike from ada ok

good analysis

& we have been distinguishing old boundary stones that still mark
extant borders in any capacity as
working rocks
& of course the political level matters
but whatever the particulars
i would still love to learn of any border rock older than your
newfound bound rock

could he have meant the old indian rock i just passed on the
brandywine
i doubt it

but i wonder if you couldnt just find the author & ask him what he
did mean

it is your home stomping ground there isnt it

the oldest known working planted rock in the usa is probably the
1731 paleoctmany stone near boston corners ny
now no longer even on a state line
but it still performs real service on a county line

& the also still working 1740 ctri rock at cte is known to have been
embedded in the rubble of an earlier ctri cairn on the same spot
dating from 1720 or perhaps as early as earliest 1700s
not sure

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman