Subject: Re: plans
Date: Nov 09, 2003 @ 18:27
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

ahhhhhoooooo jack
that is such a beauty
not only an interstate quadripoint
but the survey line & river & bridge appear to form a perfect asterisk
that is maxi precious
wooooh

& i really did think of heading west from mdvawv
& thought of it again from wves too
just to see how close i might drive my van to the northernmost point
of virginia van

but wves tho not so easy to find was far from buried

4 feet of protruding raw granite with just an x chiseled on top
& enough of a beauty to egg me on farther down the blue ridge
& to bring me to the realization that i might ride this ridge all the
way to north carolina & bag dozens of breathtaking virginia crestline
tricounty points all along the way

& indeed i proceeded directly down to clfaje
clarke fauquier jefferson
which proved to be a similarly gorgeous rock
& thus bagged a blue ridge ensemble already 3 in a row
while imagining my entire string of 24 such pearls
& even thinking how you would admonish me for going after mere
intrastate tricounty points too
hahahaha

aquila non captat muscas

but i was overtaken by a frost
& without a sleeping bag
& you probably know how often one has to wake up in the cold at my age

so anyway here i am thawing out in roanoke
but what a beauty you have revealed for another day
whether someone beats me to it or not

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "jparsell" <jparsell@n...>
wrote:
> After you have a gas at wves head nw to the VA-WV quad county point.
> Clarke-Fredrick VA and
> Berkeley-Jefferson WV. Map attached. Note there is a road down to
Carters