Subject: Re: Oklahoma / Texas Border - River Borders
Date: Nov 06, 2003 @ 22:24
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

apologies again
& continuing from the latest correction

since the stitch must be oktx
it could be a prolongation of the deviant arok terminal sector
or it could be a due south line from aroktx
or it could be a perpendicular from the south bank out to aroktx
etc
& in each case this produces a slightly different dry oktxe point on
the right bank
& an entirely different extralegal stitch of oktx to reach aroktx

it will probably never come up in practical reality tho
nor even entertain anyone but us

however
since the stitch isnt arok but oktx after all
i no longer see any reason to agree with the conclusion that the
deviant line prolongation is more likely than any of the other
probable outcomes

<barbaria_longa@h...>
> wrote:
> > ahh well now on further reflection i think this was not correct
> > & that we actually have a virgin tripoint position here
> >
> > for since ok now reaches the right bank oktx line
> > & ar reaches the extant aroktx position in the river
> > the missing wet stitch must be of arok & not of oktx
> >
> > so aroktx moves out of the river & onto the right bank
> >
> > still extralegally but i think unavoidably now
> >
> > & in that case it is very probably where the prolongation of the
> > deviant terminal segment you mention below intersects the right
> bank
> > veggie line
> >

> > wow
> > this calls for a revisit
> > & permits an upgrade from the present best visit of class c
> > to a class b or a
> >
> > & bravos to us for finally figuring this out
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
> > <mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> > > You are correct that the compact's OKTX does require a lurch or
> > stitch to reach
> > > the AROKTX tripoint, but I would argue the matter this way:
> > >
> > > The southern terminus of the AROK boundary was always subject
> > movement
> > > northward and southward (nominally) as the vicissitudes of the
> > south bank of the
> > > Red River required. When the compact took effect, the
> > existing "approximate"
> > > OKTX moved slightly southward to the vegetation line. I would
> > conclude that the
> > > practical effect is that the "stitch" from the vegetation line
> > the tripoint
> > > would have to align with the accepted AROK boundary (nominally
> > north-south, but
> > > slightly deviant nevertheless). This is the only
interpretation