Subject: Re: Boundaries through urban areas
Date: Nov 02, 2003 @ 21:46
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
<doug@d...> wrote:

> Very interesting concept. Perhaps Janka is also a
borderfreak?

> I agree with Mike about the uniqueness of this TP. I have been
> there twice, and it is without a doubt my favourite. Not the least
> of which is because this AT-HU is where the fall of all those
> Eastern European governments began. I still would like to
know where
> that first snip of the HU barbed wire took place.
>
> I like to think it was near ATHUSK.

well you can because this event reportedly occurred much
nearer to athusk than say to athusi

look between the hungarian village of fertorakos & the austrian
village of morbisch am see
on the west shore of the neusiedler see
which you probably know is the big athu lake about 30km sw of
athusk
http://www.ce-review.org/99/11/nemes11.html

> The old fence posts, with HU flag colourings still trace the path
> of the old Iron Curtain, leading to the tripoint. It is a stark,
> prairie-like place -- both welcoming and lonely at the same
time.

> I still recall the 2001 tri-point dance: 30 border crossings in
> one minute. Led by Jack.
>
> I hope this place remains as it is. Although I do think a
structure
> like Janka's would be something amazing to see. Just not
here!