Subject: Re: Ger-Lux
Date: Oct 07, 2003 @ 16:44
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

nice multiplay peter
& interesting also to find mentioned in passing here some
changes that were evidently made to delu also
subsequent to 1948
& which may thus bear on brendans original question too

tho i still cant imagine what such changes might have involved

unless we have previously discussed & forgotten these too

perhaps at vianden or in connection with some islands etc

but anyway they stand a good chance of being relevant if ever
found

& finally what a goose it was to see here also that the
palindromic river aa is also a tidal river & a border river as well

& thus goes both ways many times over

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS031.pdf

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
> <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> > A small map of the Duivelsberg area can be seen on the site
of Eef
> > Berns: http://huizen.dds.nl/~eefberns/ ; click on "Nieuws van
> > anderen"; first item. The annexed area is the hatched+grey
area;
> the
> > grey area in the south-east was given back in 1963, the rest
stayed
> > Dutch.
> > Peter S.
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
> > <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Manfred Haertel,
DB3HM"
> in
> > > 1963)?

> > > Yes, in the case of DENL, the other "bigger" area that
became
> Dutch
> > > in 1949 and German again in 1963 was the village of Elten,
near
> > > Emmerich. Other, much smaller areas where at various
other points
> > > along the boundary, e.g. in Suderwick, opposite Dinxperlo.
> > >
> > > As far as I know, all areas were returned to Germany in
1963,
> with
> > > the exception of an area between Beek (NL) and Zyfflich
(DE),
> known
> > > as the "Duivelsberg" (Devil's mountain). This area is still
Dutch.