Subject: Re: Four Corners-type clubs?
Date: Oct 02, 2003 @ 02:36
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "adamnvillani"
<avillani@u...> wrote:
> > - Four corners, continental US
> > - SW: Border Field State Park, CA
>
> Just wondering, have any of you visited Border Field? A few
years ago
> a friend and I went to see the border fence about a mile east of
the
> Otay Mesa border crossing and got hassled by a Border Patrol
guard.

shall otay add ayatollahs

but seriously
getting hassled by guards is just the price of being there

it is smelly too from the raw sewage

& we have visited this area half a dozen times at bp if we have
been there once

but we have just reconfirmed that there is a binational tripoint
there on the mexican side of the wall 20 meters east of the high
tide line
where the states of california & baja meet the mexican federal
beach territory
aka mxus2bccamx
& pinning that down might be a reason to hold our nose again

indeed i wish you would do that for us if you should decide to go

> He delivered a cockamamie story about how we should be
careful near
> the border because the Mexicans might jump over the fence,
mug us,
> and take our Social Security cards. No kidding, that's what the
guard
> told us.
>
> So anyway, I was wondering how open Border Field is, or
whether the
> Border Patrol wastes its time hassling citizens there.
>
> Adam

many people have long said all of mxus is a dangerous place
even when it wasnt
but there is evidence it keeps getting more dangerous
& it is certainly a tense place for good reason
as practically all borders have become in recent years
especially but not only if you happen to be breaking any laws

so be circumspect by all means
but you will be safe if you are having fun