Subject: Re: questions aroused by brownlie
Date: Sep 25, 2003 @ 23:44
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <
mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> In POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY (Second Edition) by Norman J. G. Pounds (New York:
> McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1972), which was one of my graduate school textbooks,
> says on page 88:
>
> > It was decided in 1920 that in navigable rivers the
> > boundary should follow the "principal channel"
> > (thalweg) and in other cases the median line."
>
> Unfortunately, Dr. Pounds does not say by whom it was so decided.

hahahahahah
hahaha

& i completely understand & agree with & thank you for this & all these
comments

any idea why only civilized
& why only commerce

how about navigation for noncommericial economic activity

or how about rural or savage trade or service

& what do you suppose is the minimum standard of commercial activity

would a single individual trader or fisherman in a canoe qualify

how about a pleasure cruise