Subject: Re: Mexican internal maritime allocation
Date: Sep 24, 2003 @ 21:10
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079" <barbaria_longa@h...>
wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <
> mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> > At www.funcionpublica.gob.mx/unaopspf/dgapi/lgbn_c4.htm is the text of =
Ar=
> ticle
> > 49 of Mexico's General Law of National Goods, in which is delimited the=
Z=
> oFeMaT.
> >
> > Section I says:
> >
> > "When the coast presents beaches, the federal maritime land zone will b=
> > constituted by the strip of twenty meters of width of firm land, passab=
le=
> and
> > contiguous to these beaches or, in their case, to the shores of the riv=
er=
> s, from
> > their mouths in the sea, unto one hundred meters upriver;"
> >
> > [Mike, this somewhat rearranges your concept of the "boca chica" of the=
R=
> ío
> > Grande.]
>
> hahaha
> beautiful
> & no wonder i wasnt sure if it was 10 meters or 20 meters
> for it is 100 meters in some cases
>
> so mxus2mxtatx is 100 meters rather than 20 meters up the boca chica
> & mxus2bccamx is 20 meters above the high tide line at tijuana beach
>
> thank you for these advances in punctological science
>

> but then you would take them right away by seeking these very points
> elsewhere
> say at the high tide line
> or the low tide line
> or 3 leagues out to sea with texas
> or 1 league out with california
> but good luck again
> for you have already found a truer truth
>

> > Furthermore, Section II includes in the ZoFeMaT "the totality of the su=
rf=
> ace of
> > the keys and reefs located in the territorial sea."

yes i have read the whole law now & believe this explicit mention of
the territorial sea is the most telling point & reference in it

it seems to indicate that the federal territorial sea is the conceptual
source of the federal maritime terrestrial zone
& that the latter is simply the projection of the former onto dry land
whether onto the continental margin or the islands within the sea

& i doubt you will find any laws that contradict this impression

Section III deals wi=