Subject: Re: Mexican internal maritime allocation
Date: Sep 24, 2003 @ 20:43
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <
mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Thanks for the useful URL. The writer of the editorial makes the point that
> there is no constitutional basis for the ZoFeMaT--it being based only on a
> federal statute, the General Law of National Goods.

you bet
& which means it is the law of the land in mexico
under the mexican constitution

a law doesnt have to be in the constitution to be legal

He does state that the
> federal government excludes this beach strip from state and municipal
> jurisdiction.

aha
& what is left then but federal jurisdiction

or at least i believe precisely that is the intent & meaning of the law

However, he also says that the feds allow the municipal
> governments a share of the lease revenues paid by adjacent landowners.

of course
hahaha
this is just the normal mexican
er
service fee distribution system
in action

> I think some confusion still exists. Is this strip of 20 meters landward from
> the high-tide line outside the territory of the states, or is it merely excluded
> from their jurisdiction.

as i understand all the above & below
as well as other things i have seen
tho i still havent yet read the full law yet
yes indeed
the 20 meter strip is outside the territory of the states
as well as excluded from their jurisdiction
basically because it is just part of the much larger & continuous
federal maritime territorial zone
which includes not just this dry terrestrial margin
but all the tidelands as well
& moreover continues at least 12nm out to sea beyond the low tide line

but i will read it now just to be sure
hahaha
& my guess is you will need further legal investigation
if you intend to sandcastle this any further with me

Pending further legal investigation, I tend to think