Subject: Re: Shortest border??
Date: Sep 12, 2003 @ 22:54
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell
<kevin@m...> wrote:

> >So what is the actual shortest INTERNATIONAL border?
>
> Not sure if it's the shortest, but the ES-GI border is just 1.2 km.
This is
> shorter than the VA-IT border.
>
> I think in a previous discussion, it was resolved that there's an
even
> shorter land boundary between Perejil Island (ES) and
Morocco. It was also
> resolved that whilst SMOM has diplomatic status, it is not a
sovereign state.

> Regards,
>
> Kevin Meynell

it is esmo all right but not really an island
as it runs across the narrow neck of a spanish peninsula named
penon de velez de la gomera

so the name is actually already longer than the border

but grant & i are planning to sandcastle this baby down to the
vanishing point some moonless night