Subject: Re: IQJOSA
Date: Sep 08, 2003 @ 08:24
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

nicely done
& by careful measurement on the tactical pilotage chart
& areal computations
i have confirmed the acreages of your areas a & b are easily
within 1 percent of each other
so this fact alone is highly presumptive of an equal land swap for
those little trapezoidal parcels alone

but apart from that
the sliver as a whole was evidently subtracted from jordan pure
& simple
without any apparent territorial compensation from iraq

so the quid pro quo wasnt for the primary de facto adjustment
but evidently followed upon it only secondarily

& it was in that sense that i meant i dont see how jordan gained
any territory back for what it gave
overall
& still dont

also
the positioning of your red line conjunction at the red square
tho visually promising
actually appears to miss a perfect match by more than a mile on
the chart when carefully measured
so in conjunction with such a precise acreage match
this detail cant be so easily presumed to be coincident
but seems more likely to be a wishful thought & a forced fit

however
the thick mexican style border depictions do muddy things up

& all the caveats on the chart that alignments are only
approximate may save your hypothesis as well as bust my idea
that there may really be 3 rather than only the 2 probable iqjosas
you show as red & black squares in your diagram

but without harder data & pending some explanation of this
hitherto unnoticed de facto iqsa as good as your explanation of
the de facto iqjo
& some clue that there really was some tripartite understanding
that could explain the existence of such a triple point
i think all these possible convergences & coincidences should
be held in suspense

your attempt to connect everything is interesting
& i would beat the bushes with you to validate it
& am quite curious as to what this de facto iqsa is all about now
but the existence of the double or triple iqjosa probability could
still be completely unrelated to the existence of the double iqjo
probability

fascinating puzzle in any case

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> I prepared a simple web page at www.mexlist.com/bp/iqjo.htm
to illustrate how
> the current IQJO boundary might have evolved. The map on
the left is from the
> Sandia paper cited earlier. The map on the right is one that I
have devised to
> illustrate the scenario that I suggest.
>
> The black lines on my map are the traditional boundaries
intersecting at the
> black IQJOSA tripoint. For some reason (perhaps nothing
more than the
> availability of more accurate maps), the tripoint was moved
from the black one
> to the red one, thus creating the alternate red boundaries,
which are shown as
> the "de facto" boundaries on various maps that we have
recently seen. Then came