Subject: Re: IQJOSA
Date: Sep 07, 2003 @ 20:06
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

probably just experimental

probably someone meant to show or do something at one point
& then spaced it out
leaving someone else to explain it who couldnt

this sort of thing may occur more than we realize in cartography
causing many such gibberishes both explicit & implicit

a similar lapse by the usgs once cost me a class a visit to
idmtwy
leaving me in class d or e by 700 feet
during a 22 mile forced scramble along the continental divide

& i know how you love the mapmakers too

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> The Russian at the blue line means "kind of object is
questionable"...

<jesniel@i...>
> wrote:
> > I know this has been posted before
> >
> > http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/EART/jordan/100k/9-37-139.jpg
> >
> > but what does the Russian mean, and further what is the
blue line