Subject: Re: Coordinates of all national tripoints (WVS and WDB)
Date: Sep 06, 2003 @ 07:30
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

& about bwnazmzw again
i have just reviewed all the official verbiage on it i could find
mainly ibs numbers 30 for zmzw & 123 nazm & 148 bwzw
& the legalities that need to be sorted out are truly bizarre

nazm is definitely the zambezi thalweg as far as bwna
but it appears to have been plotted & mapped in 1931
so it may not be the living thalweg but only a frozen
approximation to it
such as occurs on caus

& bwna is definitely the center of the main channel of the chobe
tributary
a term which i believe & assume is just another way of saying
the living thalweg
& completely synonymous with it
tho i suppose there could be a very slight difference

zmzw however is the medium filum or center line of the zambezi
a concept that also allows for a living boundary since there could
be a significant difference in this line midway between the
shorelines at even just mean high water & lowest low water
not to mention the more extreme probabilities of flooding
tho i trust the vastest floods would be discounted

& bwzw of course
which i am in this case merely recollecting from brownlie
is the prolongation into the zambezi as far as the thalweg of the
final mete or leg of the intervisibly monumented land boundary
running alongside the so called hunters road

so allowing for the fact that at least 2 & probably 3 of the 4
convergent lines are legally in flux
the truth is still probably knowable here
even tho it is in any case constantly changing

& i now believe the truth is either always
bwnazm plus bwzmzw
both of them fluctuating about in position but never touching to
form bwnazmzw

or else it is a fluctuating as well as a morphing truth among
bwnazm plus bwzmzw on the one hand
& bwnazw plus nazmzw on the other
& bwnazmzw at the crossover point between these pairs of
fluctuating configurations

oddly enough this crossover & flickering emergence of
bwnazmzw might occur at different geographical points at
different times

in fact the probability that bwnazmzw could occur at the same
point twice is vanishingly small

so in a nutshell
my very best reading of all the facts does indicate to me that
there is presently half a chance that bwnazmzw actually exists
some of the time but in different places
& half a chance that it never was nor ever will be

of course a better map than we have ever seen might clearly
reveal which of these 2 probabilities is actually effective

which gives me an idea

i wonder if anyone at ibru could flash us the 1931 nazm map
& knock off at least 3 birds of research with 1 stone

somehow i will screw up the courage to ask
if someone doesnt beat me to it

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Grant Hutchison"
> <granthutchison@b...> wrote:
> > > i see you make bwnazmzw a single point
> > Just because that's the way it's treated in WVS.
>
> well i imagine we are all pulling for this global maxipoint
hopeful
> too
>
> & since you are our bwnazmzw bwana in residence
> besides being the president apparent of everyones land
> whatever you say goes boss
>

> & lately there really does seem to be at least a wing & a prayer
of
> a real legal quadripoint materializing here
> what with the newly projected kasane kazungula bridge
> which has occasioned at least a new round of bwzw
negotiation
> which btw has kept me on the edge of my chair for months now
>
> & because the bridge is being promoted as a regional bridge
> rather than a merely bwzm international one
> my fondest imagining would be of a fully negotiated
quadripoint