Subject: Re: BoundaryPoint and borders
Date: Sep 03, 2003 @ 21:55
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

jesper
thanxxx for being here & for all of these reflections & especially
for the great part of them that i do understand & agree with

but what i dont understand about what you are saying & polling
is that i thought we all just recently finished creating
featuring promoting nurturing commending exhorting saluting
priming & finally opening to everyone our only true sister group
ibrg
both by announcements on our bp home page & over the course
of many months of messages
& indeed i thought we did all this particularly because ibrg is
already expressly & fully devoted to borders
& so people who are interested in both multipoints in particular &
borders in general could subscribe to both groups
& indeed they & you have subscribed to both groups

& moreover i thought we did all this especially so as to be able to
relax about the admittedly difficult question you are again raising

so i still dont get what all the commotion is about

why dont we just use our existing second group for the purposes
we intended it for

& why would we need to even think about creating yet another
group at this point

perhaps just maintaining an affirmation of ibrg on the bp home
page with a referral of general border freaks to it
& perhaps adding a corresponding affirmation of bp to the ibrg
home page with a referral back to bp for the only slightly strange
multipointer individuals
is all we really need to do now
to ice & decorate our otherwise already fully effective freak & nut
layer cake

& welcome back jan

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> Dear fellow multipointers and border freaks
>
> BoundaryPoint has changed my life. It sounds like a cliche, but
the truth is that without this group I would never have seen or
attempted 24 international tripoints, or probably been the first to
visit all DK county tripoints. I would also not have had the large
volume of knowledge of international borders that I have today,
all thanks to you. Without BoundaryPoint there wouldn't have
been a Border Crossing Hitlist or BorderBase, etc. etc.

> But my interests for border and boundaries do go beyound
multipoints. I would much rather visit the dry BGRO than the very
wet BGCSRO at the other end. Not that I would miss BGCSRO
though.

> But BoundaryPoint is not really a border group, it's a multipoint
group. And border discussions have been much noise in the
group for very long. And we need to respect the group founders
and owners intentions.

> So, I have created a poll, so see if creating a sister group to
BoundaryPoint is wanted. This happens all the time, one topic
fills up too much in a group, and so a sub- or sister group has
been established, no hard feelings here.

> If a sister group is wanted, I will offcourse subscribe to both
groups, as they are not competition, but sisters.

> But I just feel I need a place where I can post questions and
share thoughs and material about borders in general.