Subject: Re: ADFR
Date: Aug 31, 2003 @ 14:07
Author: marcelmiquelcat ("marcelmiquelcat" <marcelmiquel@...>)

The french farmers and the Porta commune were angry because the new
border divide their territory.

It was discussed here ( see messages 6784,6785,6786,3889,3902 ...)
Unfortunately, the links are dead. I think I have a copy of the map,
if you are interested. France and Andorra agreed to begin the
demarcation of the boundary.

An updated information ( in catalan ) can be found at

http://www.e-noticies.com/default.asp?strTema=35

an apr. traslation would be:

" Andorra doesn't know the exact boundary limits with France. The
andorran government wants to discuss about to fix the boundary
between both countries. The confict remains from 700 years and will
be solved after the exhange of land in order to the tunnel of
Envalira construction. The most important disputes are about the
jurisdiction of the Abelletes lake and if the boundary line reach or
not the "coll dels Isards" ( Isards pass )" (17/7/03)

but at
http://ct.news.yahoo.com/030820/2/4xn8.html

Jordi Serra, andorran minister said that the bilateral comission has
not joined for two years, and any date is fixed at this moment."We
will not solve in two days a problem of 700 years ago"

Several photos of the tunnel can be found at:
http://www.andorramania.com/tunel_envalira/index_esp.htm

marcel

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
(http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/an.html):

> border is undemarcated in sections but is not in dispute (a few
French farmers still remain upset about the transfer of 35 hectares
of land to Andorra).