Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Yahoo's changing the rules on us
Date: Aug 27, 2003 @ 23:05
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@...>)

From: "acroorca2002" <orc@...>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 10:38 AM

> possibly important corrections
>
> all attachments are indeed expected to disappear from the
> message board
> as well as from the archives
> probably as early as tonite
> & no attachments will ever appear in either of these places again
>
> however
> we will still be able to continue to add attachments to our
> messages
>
> but
> only those who receive these messages as individual emails
> will ever see these attachments
>
> so if you like to send & see attachments
> then just continue to do so & be sure to elect individual email
> deliveries now if you havent already
>
> but it makes no sense to ever take action for fear of the
> consequences that might ensue if you fail to take it
>
> such action ultimately only produces what it dreads
> & is worse than wasted
>
> better to act only in the name of what you really desire
> & for the sheer pleasure of that action
>
> also any presumed urgency at bp is only imaginary
> since nothing but fun is ever really at stake here anyway

I suggested and Bill even seemed to agree, but someone else suggested
scrapping the idea, so I didn't pursue it further, using gmane.org's
newsserver to mirror the archives and allow searching which seemed to be
having some difficulty on Yahoo!. I know it wouldn't allow archiving
photos, but if it could archive messages and allow searching, I think this
could be a valuable backup.