Subject: Re: BZ-MX
Date: Aug 20, 2003 @ 01:13
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

wonderful
i would love to get to the bottom of this great mexican state line
mystery at last

also i just noticed at pcl that the cia continues to place bzgtmx
cleanly in quintana roo as recently as 2003
with gtmx still serving as the base of the martini glass

however
national geographics 1981 shows bznw as a binational tripoint
with campeche & quintana roo
somewhat as your map does but with perfectly straight lines
& there the stem of the martini glass continues thru bznw along
bzmx
& thru bzgtmx too
& then along bzgt as well
& perhaps even thru its slight deflection at the belize river
all the way to the sarstoon river at bzsw for its base

a very tall straight up highball glass
except for the slight kink & imaginative base

also i must confess after all these drinks & a better map
that the distance from bznw to bzgtmx looks like only about 10
miles rather than my earlier guess of 15

so the total amount of the presumed belizean concession to mx
is actually less that 1 & a quarter square miles
& if added to the belizean concession to gt of 3 & a half sq mi
the total amount of both concessions is actually less than 5
square miles
rather than the 7 previously guessed

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> The simple outline maps on the web sites of both the states of
Campeche and
> Quintana Roo show their boundaries in the more conventional
manner, so I don't
> know exactly what is what.
>
> I have a friend who is a Mexican-born, American-educated
Mexican national of
> German ethnicity who lives in Cozumel, Quintana Roo. I think I
will write to
> him and see if he can give any explanation to the wildly
staggering boundaries
> shown on some maps between Quintana Roo and its
neighbors Campeche and Yucatán.
> I will report back in due time.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

pattern

> > & tho the bznw corner has never been marked by bz & mx
> > but has only been defined verbally as the point on the rio azul
> > where the meridian of bzgtmx crosses it
> > aha
> > & thus there could well be some new territory added by belize
> > mexico also as a result of the bzgt settlement
> > & a new question as to which of these 2 mexican states this
new
> > territory would belong to
> >

> > for belize has at least verbally conceded to guatemala the
extra 3
> > & a half square mile sliver
> >
> > & the new bzgtmx marker has moved east from the old one to
> > attach this sliver to guatemala
> >
> > & mexico has graciously agreed to facilitate everything too
> > presumably because by the existing definition she too will
gain a
> > few extra square miles in the form of the trapezoidal
projection of
> > this sliver from the 2 bzgtmx markers to the rio azul
> >

> > so the resultant roughly 250 meter edge of this addition to
> > mexican territory along the rio azul would abut quintana roo
> > even as quintana roo is shown on your map
> > just as surely as the roughly 15 mile long edge of the
addition
> > would abut only campeche as shown on your map
> >
> > so technically the new territory could be distributed to either
or
> > both of those states without loss of contiguity
> >
> > & only common sense would attach it to campeche rather
than to

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/