Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: More on LATX bi-state building
Date: Aug 14, 2003 @ 04:01
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

I agree with most of your analysis, but I think you underestimate the power of a
large tree (and this was quite a large tree even 25 years ago) to move man's
puny works out of its way. Haven't you seen concrete sidewalks mangled by the
roots from nearby trees. On the other hand, I've also seen things like steel
posts swallowed by growing tree trunks. I suppose it all depends on the kind of
tree and the speed of its growth.

You mentioned your own photo of this monument. Is it on the web? I only know
of Parsell's photo.

There's an interesting article on the survey of the dry latx and artx boundaries
at http://www.msls.org/Rendezvous02.pdf .

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA