Subject: Re: Going border expeditions? - Welcome to the IBRG!
Date: Aug 03, 2003 @ 12:16
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

hey happy sunday pete
& one more round of applause for you all
& for all true tp seekers everywhere

i am still a bit puzzled tho how you guys manage to conquer your
tps & make them bleed so

& to do it sometimes even sight unseen

or especially if
as you say
lost

with the hundred or so multipoints i have tried to visit in person
& the hundreds more we have all sought here virtually
many of them thanx only to your heebies geebies etc
i consider myself fortunate if i even find the points themselves
not to say vanquish or ravish them in any way

& the only blood i have ever seen is my own
however little & rarely

but i do look forward eagerly with you to the growth
whether sooner or later
of your & rolfs already truly remarkable world record
of 25 tricountry points tried
as well as your truly fantastic record of 25 visited

& any cactuses or roses bestowed here jan arent for their thorns
but only for the points

indeed the point of bp is the points

& of course the fun of seeking them uncompromisingly together

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Hering"
<hering@m...> wrote:
> YES Jan - welcome to the world of border expeditions...
> One thing's for sure: once you're started, you can't stop!! :-)
>
> Or as we say in Danish: once you've got "blood on your teeth"..
> you'll be lost...:-))
>
> Having been on three succesfull expeditions so far - I DO have
> a bit of experience....
>
> I'm very pleased to know that there will be other border freaks
> trying to set up new operations and expeditions...
>
> As most of the "old" participants know, there'll be NO major
> expedition next year (2004) - while we DO have some plans for
> 2005 and 2006:
>
> 1- A "GSEBE" will be carried out (to tripoints in S.E. Europe
> and visits to Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Albania...)
>
> 2- Since Eastern Europe is undergoing so many changes at
the

<jan.krogh@t...>
> wrote:
> > To say it more precise than before - our members should be
> interested going
> > border expeditions for one or another reason: in order to
write
> articles,
> > make reports for any media, schools or other institutions etc.
We
> also want
> > to meet those who are capacities on border topics.
> > BUT we do NOT want to become a new Boundary Point! We
think BP is
> the Great
> > Meeting Point as it ought to be, while IBRG should be the
people in
> the
> > field discussing the practical stuff: "where are we going
now?, do
> you have
> > that map?, which hotel?, do you remember the number of
that
> marker?, is this
> > border confirmed demarcated? etc.
> > When we are finished with this we are returning to BP and
telling
> you what
> > we observed and collecting your comments, cactuses and
roses.