Subject: Re: re eelvru
Date: Jul 31, 2003 @ 03:16
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

ahh thanx again jan
this was worth a second look

actually i now think the situation here is fairly analogous to eelvru
in the sense that there is not 1 but 2 probable tripoint positions
with 1 plus 1 again equalling 1

the first of these positions
apparently at the center of the ceremonial hilltop
but for which i havent seen a close up shot yet
evidently corresponds to the thalweg junction at eelvru in that it
marks the relict but technically still de jure soviet administrative
tripoint

& the second position
apparently at the thalweg junction here
evidently marks the de jure bylvru of presoviet latvia
dating perhaps from the 1920s to at least the 1940s
as well as the actual de facto bylvru in 2003
as well as the resurrected but still prospective de jure bylvru
again all rolled up into a single exact point

so again bag both exact positions & you bag the entire tripoint

but an even more exciting clarification occurs in your stunning pic
http://home.no.net/enklaver/borders/bylvru/bylvru_01.jpg
wherein it is actually possible to see the living thalweg junction
as a single vivid wye point in the confluence a few feet to the right
of the upper right arm of hans peter

& more exhilarating still
from the way his head is cocked
jesper appears to be staring directly at this tripoint position
so you have not only a clear class c pic
but a subject within it paying a clear class c visit

so i dont see the need for your straight line renderings of the
supposedly approximate borders
as for example in
http://home.no.net/enklaver/borders/tf_close-up.htm
since the thalwegs are in reality fairly exact wiggly lines rather
than straight approximations
& more importantly
the visible trifinium jesper is facing is apparently not even
showing in any of the closeups anyway
so it seems to me you are creating only a distraction with this
treatment in this case
however excellent it may be in most other cases

instead i would suggest zooming in on & circling the wye to help
it pop into the viewers eye & then projecting the 3 borders from
the circle as light impressionistic stitchwork rather than hard
continuous creases

& best of all
it now looks as tho a tall person with long arms could just reach
down & touch this tripoint without even getting his feet wet
if just wading in was for some reason not an option

well maybe if someone was holding him up by the back of the
belt anyway

so it mightnt even be necessary to import or wait for some
means of flotation to arrive here
nor for the streams to freeze either

indeed freezing tends to conceal an otherwise visible thalweg

but anyway here you have quite a few exciting developments imo

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jan S. Krogh"