Subject: Re: erupting vertex with molten vortex found
Date: Jul 28, 2003 @ 20:16
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

this is what i was thinking too
but it would be fractured french
since mont is masculine & pelee feminine

if it really were french tho
or perhaps a permissive local patois
it might signify something more like
bald woman mountain

its equally odd alternative name
montagne pele
with the gender of both the mountain & the skinhead reversed
might thus signify
bald man mountain

a most peculiar cross dressing situation going on here

but for such reason
the white peak mont blanc might as easily be mont blanche
etc

however & i think fortunately
pele or pelee is also said to have meant fire mountain in carib
an unverifiable but perhaps more likely source

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> "Mont Pelée" means peeled mount in French. Could that be
the equivalent of what
> we might call "Bald Mountain" in English. Maybe. Maybe not.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

National
> > Park.
> > > I visited Hawaii Volcanoes NP back in 1996 on a geology
class
> > field
> > > trip and can assure that while Halema'uma'u may not
exactly

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/