Subject: Re: Popocatépetl MX TP
Date: Jul 26, 2003 @ 11:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Victor Cantore
<drpotatoes@y...> wrote:

> I wrote to INEGI (the Mexican agency in charge of
> geographical and statistical matters) to confirm
> what we suspected about the volcano Popo being the
> tp of the Mexican states Morelos, Puebla, and
> Mexico. Surprisingly i got a response

hahaha
viva victor

(now i just
> need to ask about the 2 possible MX state
> quadripoints):

from the response
it sounds like you will get this & much more of significance to us
at the library in tijuana

but i agree
if you can cultivate the relationship with inegi
we may well get all the answers & hard data we have been
looking for
without leaving san diego

like just for starters
what & where are the definitive data anyway

are all the state lines defined in some gis bank somewhere
as we have been suspecting but missing
&or
are they defined by some paper maps somewhere
as we have also been guessing but not finding

& why have we not found any state line markers on the ground
anywhere either

& are the multipoints even marked

etc
etc
i mean we could stand to clarify a lot here

> Estimado Usuario:
>
> Efectivamente en la cima del volcán Popocatépetl se
> unen los límites de los
> estados de Morelos, México y Puebla.

so that evidently makes lowells webcam a true class d

& here via bangk shot is probably a class b visit too
http://www.bangkokpost.net/travel/climbing.html
with a possibl cockabebbl tristate monument even
for a class a touch

> Las coordenadas aproximadas de su cima son:
> altitud 5 465 mts.
> Latitud 25º 48' 35" N
> Longitud 98º 23' 20" W
>
> translated:
> effectively the peak of Popo is the site where the
> limits of the states of Morelos, Mexico and Puebla
> meet.
>
> the approximate coordinates are:
> altitude 5,465 meters
> etc.
>
> finally concrete proof that indeed the volcano is
> the tp. original email attached below. i believe that
> makes the first confirmed volcanic tp here at bp.

true

we dont know if volcanic mount sabinio has erupted since the
congo rwanda uganda tripoint cdrwug was created at its summit
about a century ago
etc

still looking for a molten or actually erupting tripoint tho

> vc
>

> > > From: "infogeos" <infogeos@d...>
> > > Date: 2003/07/25 Fri PM 05:30:11 EDT
> > > To: <vcantore@c...>
> > > CC: <atencion.usuarios@i...>,
> > > maría concepcion de lira
> > <clira@d...>,
> > > "teresa hita" <terehita@d...>
> > > Subject: RESPUESTA INEGI. POPOCATEPETL
> > >
> > > Estimado Usuario:
> > >
> > > Efectivamente en la cima del volcán Popocatépetl
> > se unen los límites de los
> > > estados de Morelos, México y Puebla.
> > >
> > > Las coordenadas aproximadas de su cima son:
> > > altitud 5 465 mts.
> > > Latitud 25º 48' 35" N
> > > Longitud 98º 23' 20" W
> > >
> > > Adicionalmente le informamos que en la siguiente
> > dirección puede consultar
> > > la ubicación de las bibliotecas que cuentan con
> > los productos de INEGI, en
> > > la ciudad de Tijuana

http://cronos.inegi.gob.mx:82/evaluasitio/centros/intermedia.asp
?enti=02